Monday, November 13, 2017

sammydress review

Ok, so there are probably dozens of "chinese import" clothing companies around now.  Many of them advertise on facebook, or you have a friend that gives them a chance to see if they can get some great clothes at super cheap prices.

So I took the plunge a little over a year ago.  Ordered a dress and a wig as a test run.  Unfortunately, things sell out a lot so all I have is a thumbnail to show this disappointing order.  Each item was less than $10 so I didn't have my hopes up:
The purple dress fit.. ok, but isn't nearly as flattering as the photo shows which is that it's very flowy.  Maybe I didn't order it big enough?  The wig also looks nothing like the photo, it's nowhere near that shiny or thick, it's a very cheaply made costume wig that fits bad, looks bad, and is completely unmanageable to style it.

Fast forward to a month ago, I decide to take another chance since I was going away on vacation for 2 weeks, and knew I would be greeted with a package by the time I came back.  Here is what I ordered this time and was a little more pleased.

The dress was $10, the top was $14 (shipping is something like $12-$15 for 2 week delivery).  Yes it's crazy that shipping is almost much as the merchandise itself, but again I was being cautious after my last order.  In both cases I ordered a 5x knowing that chinese import stuff runs small if you look at any of their charts.  I LOVE lace, I don't think women wear nearly enough of this in this day and age.  Now keep in mind that this stuff is likely made in sweat shops, likely they either have quotas or are getting paid by the garment, so expect stitching to look rushed by machine, and often there will be loose threads hanging towards the end of the stitch so you may have to cut strings off, or sometimes to preserve it from unraveling a quick lighter to fuse the end since most of the materials used is rayon, polyester, or some other cheap material.

Now I will say the dress still felt small at 5x (though it does stretch a lot).  I suppose if I had the right under garments to flare out my hips and butt I would feel ok wearing this so it's a keeper for now.

 Now this top I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LOVE!  It has lace, it has batwings both in the arms and the bottom cut, it has a plunging neckline, it has a bow tied in the middle, and the cleavage looks amazing with the right bra.

Here's my new dilema, I have almost all dresses and very few bottoms.  To be honest, about the only bottoms I have is a gym workout pair of pants, a couple jean skirts (which I don't feel go real well with this top), and a pair of khaki short shorts that look like something that lara croft from tomb raider might wear.  Early on in life I had a couple of yoga pants with foot straps, but those are long gone (they were cheesy, but I had little taste as a late teen).  So off to sammydress again.

I bought this skirt for $6.50:

I bought these awesome looking pants for $12:

And then this pant suit came up during my bottom search for $13 so I took a chance on it:

When the bottoms come in I'll post another review.




No comments:

Post a Comment