Tuesday, July 22, 2014

male nail polish

So to start off with, I had an interesting interaction at a party store this weekend.  While picking up balloons for a party, the teenage hindu boy at the register had shoulder length black hair with a faded purple streak in his hair.  Didn't think much of it, have no idea what's hip these days, and punks have been doing that since the late 70's.
Then I look down at his hands as he's working the register, every single nail is sparkling with glitter purple nail polish!

My first reaction is "don't let him know you're staring, don't make him uncomfortable, act normal".  As me and my wife walk back to the car, I whisper "Did you notice his nails?", to which she says "of course" with a smile.  Thinking back, I wished I had given him a thumbs up while pointing to my nails, or something subtle like that.  I wanted so badly to let him know someone is cool with him rocking the ambiguous look.

Speaking of nail polish, while doing an image search for the photo above, I ran into this:
http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/02/27/snoop-dogg-nail-art-manicure

Snoop dogg gets his nails french manicured, how cool is that??


No comments:

Post a Comment